Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 21, 2010

MMO imo: Worgen

I'd have to say because of Asperger's Syndrome, my favorite race to play on World of Warcraft tends to bounce around. For a majority of my time, I played blood elves from bc to sometime into wrath. It was undead that truly got me into wow in the first place. And for a time I was doing a lot of undead characters in wrath, so my fave race to play might continue to shift even after cataclysm.

In the next expansion, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will introduce probably my most favorite race over any other in the game to date...the Worgen. I'd have to say that it was the blood moon isle in Wrath of the Lich King expansion, cause there was a easy way to become worgen for a short period of time on that island. That sparked my interest, and when blizzard announced that worgen were finally going to be a playable race I was overjoyed.

I happen to plan to fully level a worgen of ever class, that's 8 classes! I think worgen are worth it, they have some potential for steampunk fans to further some of the genre's elements already in the game. But it's more than that too, I happen to be a big time fan of werewolves so having a lycanthropic character race to play is just awesome. I happen to have quite a few different cultures in my blood, each has it's own stories and myths on the subject of werewolf creatures.

I'm sure that somewhere down the line I'll have a new favorite race, but Worgen will hold a special meaning to me no matter what. I know people like to knock rp and lore, but I like it. And I happen to be working on really detailed backgrounds on all my worgen characters in the next expansion, as well as some already on going story ideas that will tie-in with the worgen fan fic/rp stuff.

I don't know about you, but I cannot wait for cataclysm so I can play them.

1 comment: