Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Comic Inque: DC Reboot *cough cough*

Linkara has spurred me into action about the DC reboot, long story short. I agree with him, and I sympathize with his connection to the teen titans. Have I read the titans story that really got him into comics? no..... Too be perfectly honest, I didn't read any teen titans stuff in general until Blackest Night. And yeah, totally confused as to what 90% percent of what people were talking about. It never dawned on me during the 3 times I've seen Linkara's countdown review vids, that's the same Donna Troy who helped wonder woman rip out the heart of the THEN wonder girl as of The Blackest Night. 

I seriously "just" got back into comics because of The Blackest Night, and even then...the arc was pretty much over. I am dead serious about this, I got back into comics (after my falling out during the dark age) with only 1 month's issues of The Blackest Night left in the story arc.......so yeah, lots of catching up to do on just that alone. And I still haven't read everything, maybe a good 80%. Even then, I have since been trying to keep up with Brightest Day Green Lantern and The Flash comics, as well as catching up on lots of the DC universe titles. 

I can't even begin to tell you, just how un-nerdy it makes me sound when I have to admit that I didn't know there was a Black Adam until only a few months back...even having read that power of shazam blackest night tie-in, again there wasn't a connection made at the time.

Now imagine what it's like to be a comic nerd with ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, OCD and other such goodies who quite literally got back into comics pretty much around a year ago, and has spent a majority of the time researching and I'm no kidding about this....trying to learn everything about everything I could about 98% of every DC character and title I have grown fond of..............only to find that DC is taking the Robin Williams Etch-a-sketch memory eraser. 

So...yeah, I am livid about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How would you feel if everything you've learned and come to accept or come to loathe....now no longer matters?!  I mean come on DC, throw me a frickin bone here. I was pretty much sittin pretty, eagerly awaiting cranking out some really awesome (new *cough cough* vids for the reboot of my review show, and yeah...a lot of them were going to showcase me using DC stuff to solve problems such as being a GL. If Linakra can be a power ranger like time lord or Angry Joe being what seems like a Superman GI Joe (...which would make for an awesome comic by the way.), then I can be a GL wannabe.  oh yeah, cue the spoiler alert siren...oh drat...too late for that.

But at this rate, I am not too sure that GL stuff is even going to happen anymore. So....f***! It's times like this when I regret knowing sooo much about something I like extremely alot, cause I get really miffed when people like to destroy something I've rather come to enjoy. God help me if they ruin The Flash and Legion of Super-Heroes, my other fave comic series other than the GL comics. Knew something was really wrong when they couldn't even keep the GL timeline since the retcon of parallax straight. Dragon of the green lantern message board can attest to just how I just keep going in circles about it, sure he did come up with some reasonable explanations for the discrepancies, but until I see or hear from DC...I'll keep on believing what I do and harping on seemingly minor issues to the overall story. 

The prospect of having to RE-relearn the history changes and the NEW current continuities is just evil.......  And what's worse is, I finally get to place when I can start collecting comics such as Trade paperbacks or hardcovers and the like, to really show off my nerd swag...only to find out, they're doing only digital stuff from now on. Personally I'd like to have my comics in paper form in case the power goes out and/or a giant EM burst knocks out the electrical devices around the globe, as a steampunk I'm covered in how to make steam tech....hey, it could happen and you'll never know when steam powered tech might just be the key to "rebooting" the modern world.

All you DC fans, now would be a good time to go all red lantern corps on their sorry butts.

Le Sigh.........




No comments:

Post a Comment