Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 4, 2013

State of the Blog Address: Januauary Update(s)

I had decided on reviewing 5 of my favorite movies, which would lead up to my review of the 1996 Doctor Who movie which is scheduled for release on January 26th (aka my birthday)...however I am no longer positive that I'll review those 5 favorite movies this month.

That could change still change, mostly depending on if I have the time to do each of them. I don't know if any of you whom are reading this know about my comments regarding editing, if you do not know...I hate it. It might sound kind of odd to people that haven't edited review videos and other such things, but it is an unbelievably long and drawn out process.

Given the tools and the fact that it's just me working on the reviews, it can take days to go from scripting for a review to the uploading of a published product. I tend to rush it a tad, or at least as much as possible so that I can just be done with it.

For movies, I'd have to pour and sift through 1.5+ hours of movie footage to find what I want in the review....what jokes I want in there....gather up clips, pics and/or SFX for jokes and whatnot. Often times when I'm editing, I cute out minutes worth of stuff I recorded because I didn't want to make a certain joke in the end or I wanted to keep the video from going over 30 minutes.

Recently I reviewed Rudolph's Shiny New Year, a movie that is only 70 minutes long. It took me around just over 2 hours to write a script for a video that after i finished editing clocked in at just under 16 minutes long. I think that's the shortest script I ever did for any review video, and even then...I still cut out quite of that movie's footage and even stuff I recorded to make it as short as i did. Had I did not, the review would have pushed the 30 minute max time limit I want on my videos.

In fact there was a rant I had about something in the video that could have gone for about 10 minutes just by itself, which i may get around to addressing at a later date.


Now that I got that out of the way it's time for other updates (please note the following list can and will most likely change over the course of the month):
  • I have bought the doctor who 1996 movie on dvd, once it gets here I'll start working on the script and gather materials needed for that review. 
  • I have also bought a Doctor Who Top Trumps game for the Nintendo DS and may do a review on it, but don't hold me to that.
  • They Live is a movie in which I plan to review this month, but again....don't hold me to that.
  • The Doctor Who 1996 movie review will introduce somethings that will affect later reviews.
  • The Doctor Who 1996 movie review may or may not have cameos from certain UK reviewers that I like.
  • I honestly will be doing a couple video game reviews and/or a couple LP (aka Lets Play) videos, one of which will be a game I had wanted for nearly 20 year that I finally got back in summer 2012. 
  • State of the Blog Address is something I should be doing every month, or every other month. It's just a cool sounding means of keeping you updated on my plans for the month in which they are posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment